Tuesday 20 November 2012

My Favourite Little Charcoal Chicken Place

Yesterday I got my lunch from my favourite little charcoal chicken place. I ordered some dim sims and sat down to wait. They put my food into the oil to fry and started working on all the chickens they were going to sell around dinner time.

After sitting there for quite some time, the chef came out and told me that they accidentally put the dim sims in the cooker before they were properly defrosted, and it was going to be a bit of a longer wait than expected.

I like to think I'm very patient, so this didn't bother me. I sat there in silence and waited for what ended up being a very long time.

While my food cooked, the chef picked up a paper bag and started putting random little left overs in it. She basically emptied the trays of the stuff that hadn't been bought yet.

Once my food was finally ready, she handed me the bag of random stuff. I sat down to eat and opened the bag to find an extra dim sim, a potato cake, a chicken nugget, and a spicy chicken strip.

She'd given me all this stuff to make up for the long wait. They always throw in an extra little something if you have to wait a long time. It's the reason why that place is my favourite place to go for lunch. Not because they give you free stuff, but because they make up for any mistakes or inconveniences.

I think everyone should do that in every day life. I think everyone should make up for their mistakes when they've wronged someone. Not just apologising and hugging it out, but doing something special for them. Even if it's just a really meaningful letter, or a small gift, I think everyone should honour those that they've wronged.

Next time you hurt someone, buy them lunch from a little charcoal chicken place in your town, wherever you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment