Saturday 1 December 2012

Sneak Previews of Games

My blog hit 5000 hits yesterday. What a fantastic week it has been. This week I finished school for the year, won a 5G iPod Touch, and got my first job, and now this. Things are simply great right now.

As a little reward for my dedicated readers; I'm going to share some sneak previews of games I'm working on. I don't do this very often, not in the early stages of development anyway, because so much can change in a short amount of time. But these two I'm going to share are two games I plan on working on extensively this Summer and hopefully finishing in the near future.

They're not much; just basic physics engines right now. But both of them are significantly more advanced than anything I've ever done before.
Infinity
The first one; Infinity, is a game I've been working on on and off for a long time. It's a side project that I started ages ago but never really devoted a lot of time to. But it's a simple game and there's not a huge amount of stuff left to do so I want to finish it and get it out of the way.

The concept is that you're in a nightmare where thousands of unmanned drones are flying around wildly and shooting at you. It's a little bit surreal, and it's a spin off of the first game I started working on: Last Man Standing.

It's an endless shooter with a fast-paced techno themesong. The game just keeps going and going until you die.
The second game I'd like to share is a horror survival game that started as an experiment to see how to make a shadow-casting light engine. It led to the development of this top-down shooter where you have to protect yourself against endless waves of demons.

I only started working on this one a few weeks ago, and it's extensively more complex than anything else I've done. Obviously the graphics are quite a step up from my previous work; and there's complex lights and AI and a whole host of other things I've never attempted before.

I haven't got a name for it yet but I'm leaning towards Invasion.

Keep an eye on this page and I will try to keep those two previews up-to-date and update you on any developments. And I'll obviously replace the previews with the finished products when I am done.

For more info, and perhaps other sneak previews, you can like my Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment