Sunday 9 June 2013

Creative Ways to Say Goodbye

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might have worked out that I'm a very unorthodox kind of guy, and one thing I started doing recently is coming up with more creative ways to say goodbye, because, let's face it, "See ya later." is just boring, repetitive, and predictable.

My way of saying goodbye sounds beautiful, poetic, mysterious, and quite frankly, a little bit medieval, or Shakespeare.

It's really simple, there's two rules. Instead of  using the word "later" (What an ambiguous term to use)
Rule 1: Just be as specific as possible
Rule 2: Without ever mentioning any measurement of time.

I'll give you a few examples:
"I'll see you when the crows next fly over the red dawn."
"I'll see you next on the eve of the full moon."
"I'll see you when the wolves cry once more."
"I'll see you before the roses bloom again."

You'll notice I never said "week", or "day", or even "year". "Dawn", "Dusk", "Sunrise" and "Sunset" are alright. Seasons are okay, as well as lunar cycles. If anything, lunar cycles are my favourites.

Of course, if anything, these are nearly just as ambiguous as "later", and half of them don't actually make any sense at all, but they sound fantastic!

Seriously, you can't argue that that's a great way to say goodbye. The only downside is that it takes a little while. But hey, if you've got just a couple of seconds to spare, why not say something interesting for a change.

Because, let's be honest, otherwise, people are really boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment